22. Dhakal P, Chaudhry SI, Collins KM. (2021) Serotonin signals through postsynaptic G(alpha)q, Trio RhoGEF, and DAG to promote C. elegans egg-laying circuit activity and behavior. submitted to GENETICS. PDF Pre-print at BioRxiv.org.
21. Zhang B, Lam K-Y, Ni W-M, Collins KM, Fu Z, Zhai L, Lou Y, DeAngelis DL, Hastings A. (2021) Directed movement changes coexistence outcomes in heterogeneous environments. Submitted to Ecology Letters. PDF.
20. Ravi B, Zhao J, Chaudhry SI, Signorelli R, Bartole MK, Kopchock RJ 3rd, Guijarro C, Kaplan JM, Kang L, and Collins KM. (2021) Presynaptic Gαo (GOA-1) signals to depress command neuron excitability and allow stretch-dependent modulation of egg laying in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 218 (4): iyab080. Paper. PDF.
19. Kopchock, 3rd RJ, Ravi B, Bode A, Collins KM. (2021) The sex-specific VC neurons are mechanically activated motor neurons that facilitate serotonin-induced egg laying in C. elegans. J. Neurosci. 41 (16) 3635-3650. JN. PDF. Pre-print on BioRxiv.org
18. Munro CJ*, Nguyen MA*, Falgons C, Chaudhry SI, Olagunjo M, Bode A, Bobé C, Portela ME, Knecht MR*, and Collins KM*. (2020) Identification of Toxicity Effects of Cu2O Materials on C. elegans as a Function of Environmental Ionic Composition. Environmental Science: Nano 7, 645-655. *Contributed equally. Paper. PDF.
17a. Ravi B and Collins KM (2019) Ca2+ activity in the HSN egg-laying command neurons and animal age is accompanied by a delay in the defecation motor program in Caenorhabditis elegans (I). microPublication Biology. µP PDF
16. Brewer J, Olson AC, Collins KM, Koelle MR. (2019) Serotonin and neuropeptides are both released by the HSN command neuron to initiate C. elegans egg laying. PLoS Genetics, 15 (1) e1007896. PubMed PLoS Genetics PDF
15. Ravi B, Garcia J, Collins KM (2018) Homeostatic feedback modulates the development of two-state patterned activity in a model serotonin motor circuit in Caenorhabditis elegans. J. Neuroscience. 38 (28), 6283-6298. PubMed JN PDF
14. Tang S*, Zhang Y*, Dhakal P*, Ravelo L, Anderson CL, Collins KM, Raymo FM. (2018) Photochemical barcodes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 140 (13), 4485–4488. *equal contribution. PubMed JACS PDF. Nice write-up at Chembites.
13. Ravi B*, Nassar LM*, Kopchock R III*, Dhakal P*, Scheetz M, Collins KM (2018) Ratiometric calcium imaging of individual neurons in behaving Caenorhabditis elegans. *equal contribution. J. Vis. Exp. 132, e56911. PubMed JoVE PDF Materials List MATLAB code Bonsai code Video
12. Thapaliya ER, Zhang Y, Dhakal P, Brown AS, Wilson JN, Collins KM, Raymo FM (2017) Bioimaging with Macromolecular Probes Incorporating Multiple BODIPY Fluorophores. Bioconjugate Chemistry, 28 (5), 1519–1528. PubMed BC PDF
11. Banerjee N, Bhattacharya R, Gorczyca M, Collins KM, Francis MM. (2017) Local neuropeptide signaling modulates serotonergic transmission to shape the temporal organization of C. elegans egg-laying behavior. PLoS Genetics, 13 (4) e1006697. PubMed PLoS Genetics PDF
10. Collins KM, Bode A, Fernandez RW, Tanis JE, Brewer J, Creamer M, Koelle MR. (2016) Activity of the C. elegans egg-laying behavior circuit is controlled by competing activation and feedback inhibition. eLife 10.7554/eLife.21126. PubMed eLife PDF
9. Li P, Collins KM, Koelle MR, and Shen, K. (2013) LIN-12/Notch signaling instructs postsynaptic target selection by regulating UNC-40/DCC and MADD-2 in Caenorhabditis elegans. eLife. 2: e00378. PubMed eLife PDF
8. Collins KM and Koelle MR (2013) Postsynaptic ERG potassium channels limit muscle excitability to allow distinct egg-laying behavior states in Caenorhabditis elegans. J. Neurosci. 33(2): 761-775. PubMed JNeuro PDF
6. Fratti RA, Collins KM, Hickey CM, and Wickner W. (2007) Stringent 3Q•1R composition of the SNARE 0-layer can be bypassed for fusion by compensatory SNARE mutation or by lipid bilayer modification. J. Biol. Chem. 282(20): 14861-14867. PubMed PDF
4. Stroupe C, Collins KM, Fratti RA and Wickner WT. (2006) Purification of active HOPS complex reveals its affinities for phosphoinositides and the SNARE Vam7p. EMBO J. 25(8): 1579-1589. PubMed PDF
Selected by Peter Mayinger for a Faculty 1000 Review
3. Collins KM, Thorngren NL, Fratti RA, and Wickner WT. (2005) Sec17p and HOPS, in distinct SNARE complexes, mediate SNARE complex disruption or assembly for fusion. EMBO J. 24(10): 1775-1786. PubMed PDF
Selected by Reinhard Jahn for a Faculty 1000 Review