(Spring 2019, from left: Erika, Bhavya, Alex, Sana, Dominique, Kevin, Mattingly, Richard, Emmanuel, Pravat)
- Kevin Collins (Assistant Professor), development of funding for the egg-laying circuit
Sana Chaudhry (Research Associate), genetic analysis of circuit function
- Pravat Dhakal (Biology PhD student), Rho and phosphatidyl inositol (PI(4,5)P2) signaling
- Richard Kopchock, 3rd (Biology PhD student), acetylcholine transmission
- Emmanuel Medrano (Biology PhD student), stretch-dependent circuit activation
Bhavya Ravi (Neuroscience PhD student), Go signaling
- Erika Arvelo (UM Neuroscience undergrad), mechanical activation of uv1
- Mattingly Bartole (UM Neuroscience undergrad), cGMP and TGF-beta signaling
- Alex Claman (UM Neuroscience undergrad), mechanical activation of uv1
- Dominique Rajic (UM Biology undergrad), inhibition of egg laying by high osmolarity
Former trainees / Alumni
- Erica Arvelo, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Riviera Schools, current UM Neuroscience major
- Carla Bobé, former NSF-REU fellow from Florida International University.
- Addys Bode, former Research Associate from the Honor’s College at Miami-Dade College and UNC Chapel Hill, now in Medical School at The Commonwealth Medical College of Pennsylvania.
- William Coffey, former UM Neuroscience undergrad now working in northern Florida.
- Christian Falgons, former NSF-REU student from Johns Hopkins University
- Kiara Farias, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School.
- Jessica Garcia, former UM Biology undergrad now working as a medical scribe before applying to med school.
- Patricia Garcia, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Young Women’s Preparatory Academy, now a biomedical engineering major at George Washington University.
- Christian Guijarro, former Postdoctoral Associate from University of Heidelberg now working as a Supply Chain Management Coordinator at ALPS Electric Europe GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- Christopher Joly, former NSF-REU student from University of Virginia.
- Christine Li, former UM Biology undergrad now working in NYC/CT.
- Conor Moran, former rotation student in the PIBS MD/PhD program.
- Layla Nassar, former UM Neuroscience/BMB undergrad now a PhD student at Yale.
- Michelle Ng-Reyes, UM Biology undergrad
- Xavier Poole, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
- Lila Rosendorf, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Miami Country Day School, now an undergrad at Smith College.
- Michael Scheetz, former research associate from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Tyler Wagner, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
We’re always looking for bright, collegial scientists to join our team. To apply, please send a CV and description of research interests to Kevin.