(Spring 2019, from left: Erika, Bhavya, Alex, Sana, Dominique, Kevin, Mattingly, Richard, Emmanuel, Pravat)
- Kevin Collins (Associate Professor), development of funding for the egg-laying circuit
Sana Chaudhry (Research Associate), genetic analysis of circuit function
- Pravat Dhakal (Biology PhD student), Rho and phosphatidyl inositol (PI(4,5)P2) signaling
- Ariana José (Physiology & Biophysics PhD student), serotonin transmission
- Richard Kopchock, 3rd (Biology PhD student), acetylcholine transmission
- Emmanuel Medrano (Biology PhD student), stretch-dependent circuit activation
Lijie Yan (Biology MS student), uv1 mechanical activation
- Eboni Arnold (UM Neuroscience undergrad), role of osmotic gradients in mating efficacy
- Mattingly Bartole (UM Neuroscience undergrad), cGMP and TGF-beta signaling
- Caroline Case (UM Biology undergrad), lipid signaling during egg laying
- Alex Claman (UM Neuroscience undergrad), mechanical activation of uv1
Former trainees / Alumni
- Dr. Addys Bode Hernandez, resident in Internal Medicine at Orlando Health.
- Michael Scheetz, former Research Associate from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Christian Guijarro, former Postdoctoral Associate from University of Heidelberg now working as a Supply Chain Management Coordinator at ALPS Electric Europe GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- Conor Moran, former rotation graduate student in the PIBS MD/PhD program.
- Christine Johnson, former rotation graduate student in the Cellular Physiology and Molecular Biophysics Program. Now a PhD student in Dr. Laura Bianchi's laboratory.
- Bhavya Ravi (Neuroscience PhD student), Go signaling. Current position: postdoc in Charlotte Sumner's lab in the Departments of Neurology and Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Erica Arvelo, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar and current UM Neuroscience student from Riviera Schools
- Carla Bobé, former NSF-REU fellow from Florida International University.
- William Coffey, former UM Neuroscience undergrad now working in northern Florida.
- Christian Falgons, former NSF-REU student from Johns Hopkins University
- Jessica Garcia, former UM Biology undergrad now working as a medical scribe before applying to med school.
- Christopher Joly, former NSF-REU student from University of Virginia.
- Christine Li, former UM Biology student now working in NYC/CT.
- Claire Moxham (UM Chemistry undergrad), osmotic inhibition of egg laying. Now a student at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Layla Nassar, former UM Neuroscience/BMB student now a PhD student at Yale School of Medicine.
- Michelle Ng-Reyes, UM Biology
- Xavier Poole, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
- Dominique Rajic, UM Biology
- Lila Rosendorf, past NSF undergraduate fellow and 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Miami Country Day School, now an undergrad at Smith College.
- Tyler Wagner, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
High School Students
- Kiara Farias, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School.
- Patricia Garcia, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Young Women’s Preparatory Academy, now a biomedical engineering major at George Washington University.
We’re always looking for bright, collegial scientists to join our team. To apply, please send a CV and description of research interests to Kevin.