(Spring 2019, from left: Erika, Bhavya, Alex, Sana, Dominique, Kevin, Mattingly, Richard, Emmanuel, Pravat)
- Kevin Collins (Assistant Professor), development of funding for the egg-laying circuit
Sana Chaudhry (Research Associate), genetic analysis of circuit function
- Pravat Dhakal (Biology PhD student), Rho and phosphatidyl inositol (PI(4,5)P2) signaling
- Richard Kopchock, 3rd (Biology PhD student), acetylcholine transmission
Emmanuel Medrano (Biology PhD student), stretch-dependent circuit activation
- Erika Arvelo (UM Neuroscience undergrad), mechanical activation of uv1
- Mattingly Bartole (UM Neuroscience undergrad), cGMP and TGF-beta signaling
- Alex Claman (UM Neuroscience undergrad), mechanical activation of uv1
- Dominique Rajic (UM Biology undergrad), inhibition of egg laying by high osmolarity
Former trainees / Alumni
- Addys Bode, former Research Associate from the Honor’s College at Miami-Dade College and UNC Chapel Hill, now in Medical School at The Commonwealth Medical College of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Scheetz, former Research Associate from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Christian Guijarro, former Postdoctoral Associate from University of Heidelberg now working as a Supply Chain Management Coordinator at ALPS Electric Europe GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- Conor Moran, former rotation graduate student in the PIBS MD/PhD program.
- Christine Johnson, former rotation graduate student in the Cellular Physiology and Molecular Biophysics Program. Now a PhD student in Dr. Laura Bianchi's laboratory.
- Bhavya Ravi (Neuroscience PhD student), Go signaling. Current position: postdoc in Charlotte Sumner's lab in the Departments of Neurology and Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Carla Bobé, former NSF-REU fellow from Florida International University.
- William Coffey, former UM Neuroscience undergrad now working in northern Florida.
- Christian Falgons, former NSF-REU student from Johns Hopkins University
- Jessica Garcia, former UM Biology undergrad now working as a medical scribe before applying to med school.
- Christopher Joly, former NSF-REU student from University of Virginia.
- Christine Li, former UM Biology undergrad now working in NYC/CT.
- Layla Nassar, former UM Neuroscience/BMB undergrad now a PhD student at Yale.
- Michelle Ng-Reyes, UM Biology undergrad
- Xavier Poole, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
- Tyler Wagner, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
High School Students
- Erica Arvelo, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Riviera Schools, current UM Neuroscience major and lab member
- Kiara Farias, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School.
- Patricia Garcia, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Young Women’s Preparatory Academy, now a biomedical engineering major at George Washington University.
- Lila Rosendorf, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Miami Country Day School, now an undergrad at Smith College.
We’re always looking for bright, collegial scientists to join our team. To apply, please send a CV and description of research interests to Kevin.