(Summer 2021, from left: Karen, Ariana, Pravat, Lijie, Emmanuel, Rossana, Richard, Kevin)
- Kevin Collins (Associate Professor), development of funding for the egg-laying circuit
Rossana Signorelli (Research Associate), genetic analysis of circuit function
- Pravat Dhakal (Biology PhD student, American Heart Association predoctoral fellow), Rho and phosphatidyl inositol (PI(4,5)P2) signaling
- Ariana José (Physiology & Biophysics PhD student), serotonin transmission
- Emmanuel Medrano (Biology PhD student, NSF Grad Research Fellow), stretch-dependent circuit activation
Lijie Yan (Biology PhD student), uv1 mechanical activation
- Eboni Arnold (UM Neuroscience undergrad), regulation of egg laying by serotonin and dopamine
Former trainees / Alumni
- Dr. Addys Bode, resident in Internal Medicine at Orlando Health.
- Michael Scheetz, former Research Associate from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Sana Chaudhry, PhD student in the PIBS program at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
- Christian Guijarro, former Postdoctoral Associate from University of Heidelberg now working as a Supply Chain Management Coordinator at ALPS Electric Europe GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- Bhavya Ravi (Neuroscience PhD), Circuit development, homeostasis, and modulation by Go signaling. Current position: medical writer at Technical Resources International.
- Richard Kopchock 3rd (Biology PhD) Acetylcholine transmission in the circuit. Current position: postdoc at Stanford Medical School in Gary Steinberg's lab.
- Erica Arvelo, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar and UM Neuroscience undergrad
- Mattingly Bartole, former UM Neuroscience undergrad
- Caroline Case, former UM Biology undergrad, now a medical student at University of Nebraska
- Alex Claman, former UM Neuroscience and Computer Science undergrad, now a PhD student in the UM CS department.
- Carla Bobé, former NSF-REU fellow from Florida International University.
- William Coffey, former UM Neuroscience undergrad now working in northern Florida.
- Christian Falgons, former NSF-REU student from Johns Hopkins University
- Jessica Garcia, former UM Biology undergrad now working as a medical scribe before applying to med school.
- Karen Jendrick (2019 HHMI High School Scholar from Miami Country Day School, now an undergrad at Boston University, 2021 NSF summer fellow, regulation of egg laying by osmolarity.
- Christopher Joly, former NSF-REU student from University of Virginia.
- Christine Li, former UM Biology student now working in NYC/CT.
- Claire Moxham (UM Chemistry undergrad), osmotic inhibition of egg laying. Now a student at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Layla Nassar, former UM Neuroscience/BMB student now a PhD student at Yale School of Medicine.
- Michelle Ng-Reyes, UM Biology
- Xavier Poole, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
- Dominique Rajic, UM Biology
- Lila Rosendorf, past NSF undergraduate fellow and 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Miami Country Day School, now an undergrad at Smith College.
- Liraz Stilman (Vanderbilt University undergrad, NSF summer fellow), characerization of uv1 development mutants
- Tyler Wagner, former NSF-REU student from Georgia Southern University.
High School Students
- Erica Arvelo (see above)
- Kiara Farias, 2017 HHMI High School Scholar from Alonzo & Tracy Mourning Senior High School.
- Patricia Garcia, 2016 HHMI High School Scholar from Young Women’s Preparatory Academy, now a biomedical engineering major at George Washington University.
- Karen Jendrick (see above)
- Lila Rosendorf (see above)
- Widlyne Seide, 2019 HHMI High School Scholar from North Miami Beach Senior High School
We’re always looking for bright, collegial scientists to join our team. To apply, please send a CV and description of research interests to Kevin.