Fennell's Orchid Jungle / Hattie Bauer Hammock
During the 80's I worked for an orchid nursery and tourist attraction called the Orchid Jungle. It is out of business now but the land was donated to the county and was made into a preserve and is called the Hattie Bauer hammock.
I made this page in hopes of consolodating memories of the place that I miss and to find people associated with the orchid Jungle.
Here is the history of the orchid jungle reprinted from their 1988 catalog.
Here's the searchable pdf version with pictures!
- Historic American Landscape Survey of the Orchid Jungle property as a pdf - a lot of good info and history
- Drawings from the above survey
- An article about the hammock in this issue of a botanical garden's bulletin from 2014
- Fennells win the lottery
- Obituary for Trudy Hirsch Fennell
- A tribute to Trudy Hirsch Fennell